Our Equality Objectives
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish specific and measurable equality objectives. Our equality objectives are based on our analysis of data and other information. Our equality objectives focus on those areas where we have agreed to take action to improve equality and tackle disadvantages. We will regularly review the progress we are making to meet our equality objectives.
Our Equality Objectives are:
- To improve the progress and attainment of SEN boys.
- To promote mental health and wellbeing in children with protected characteristics.
- To narrow the gap in attendance for pupils with protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act, by
fostering good relationships with parents and carers and seeking to understand the barriers to good attendance.
- To increase the extent to which all pupils, including in particular those with protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act, feel valued and confident, and in consequence more likely to achieve their potential.
- To narrow the gap between vulnerable groups of pupils and other pupils in access to homework support, and in this way to reduce or remove inequalities in attainment throughout the school, particularly inequalities relating to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act.
- To ensure that the staff and Academy Committee are aware of current legislation surrounding Equality, Diversity and Disability and their responsibilities.